UK Music Forum - Wales News - UK Breaking News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

UK Domain Forum : CPanel or Plesk?

Thanks
    cPanel any day over Plesk - we acquired a hosting company who used Plesk and are slowly moving all their servers over to cPanel inline with what we use for everything else (and prefer)

Give me a shout if you want any assistance with cPanel - we do annual licenses with support etc.

Mark

Thanks
    Cpanel for me by a country mile having used both systems over a number of years.

Saying that I'm no sort of server guru, just basing my vote on my own experience of reliability and ease of use as a reasonably technical person.

Thanks
    Managed to get a freelancer to cure the plesk issue, then it's gone down again. Apache has now broken and needs reconfiguring...

I'm going to head over to cpanel and give it a go. Support at plesk is non existent apart from their forum or if you want to hand over 40 to get a problem fixed that is of their doing anyway.

Anyone know if I can install cpanel at the side of plesk or do I need to scrub the server back to the beginning?

Thanks
    Bloody hell, they have live chat everywhere at cpanel, I am having trouble installing it...... no probs fella we have free installation, even a fresh OS being installed.

Bloody better service by far...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWing View Post
    Bloody hell, they have live chat everywhere at cpanel, I am having trouble installing it...... no probs fella we have free installation, even a fresh OS being installed.

Bloody better service by far...
    Excellent Graeme. After reading the responses in this thread, I'll choose cPanel over Plesk in future. I think Simon does all our main sites/server stuff with the command line; I just faff around with the odd site here and there.

Thanks
    You don't want to let me loose with command line, they say a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous...... 2 server crashes and I think I have learned my lessons the hard way.

But yep the support around cpanel is much better, already stands head and shoulders above plesk.

Thanks
    cPanel hands down for good support, usability and a generally 'nice' company to deal with. Plesk and Parallels... not the best combination.

You can license cPanel externally from www.RoboShift.com if you need (cheaper than buying from cPanel direct).

Thanks
    Another vote for cpanel here.

Thanks
    Just kind of got my head round it now, it does have some great features though and looks to be working well.

Thanks
    cPanel/WHM is my choice too. Tried plesk out a few years back on a dedi server because it was much cheaper than cPanel, but I couldn't get used to plesk. Probably just as good as cPanel but depends on what you are used to. I'm sure they both do the same stuff.