UK Music Forum - Wales News - UK Breaking News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWing View Post
    It has in the UK mate, I lost about 3-4 very poor ones all on the same day, they hadn't been updated in months if not years so no real loss. Noticed competitors in my EMD field take a hit, which is always nice.
    Frankly, I'm not sure any more. It is looking to me like Google may have rolled out another update at the exact same time as this one? Very difficult to figure out what is and what is not oging on.

Thanks
    Matt Cutts the guy that rolls out in public and rolls back in private,
    Looks like they have already rolled this back, lots of sites have bounced back. I'm just glad I get this on the record before it happens lol.

Matt Cutts, out of his depth. Not saying it is not a hard job, but why have someone there that keeps making these mistakes.

Thanks
    Looks like they have already rolled this back, lots of sites have bounced back.
    Where are you seeing that? If anything, my EMD sites are doing worse than when I last posted about this. That being said, I think there is more than one update going on, so who know why anything is happening

Thanks
    Looks like they have already rolled this back, lots of sites have bounced back. I'm just glad I get this on the record before it happens lol.

Matt Cutts, out of his depth. Not saying it is not a hard job, but why have someone there that keeps making these mistakes.
    Graeme

Do you have any examples - not sure that is the case with some that I have been tracking.

Thanks
    Stephen.

Thanks
    Pregnancy.co.uk is the largest largest, 2 of mine have popped back. Loans*****for****students and instant****decision****loans

Thanks
    I was correct that there is more than one update going on:
    https://twitter.com/mattcutts/status/252484514486575104

I know of at least one other algo rolling out over same timeframe
    Here's an interesting tweet about EMDs:
    https://twitter.com/mattcutts/status/252483995013636096

keywords in domain would be going down as we turned the knob toward brandable domains

Thanks
    I think they are struggling mate to work out what is a brand, what is a temporary brand used by short media campaigns, what are domains just using EMD to rank but turn into a brand, what are long tail EMD exploiting EMD.

Unless they examine everyone individually I think he is going to struggle to come up with a formula to automatically assign penalties.

My view is, Good luck with that Google.

Thanks
    What a daft statement: "...keywords in domain would be going down as we turned the knob toward brandable domains."

I think Cutts should get the cut. It just shows how facile Google are in allowing one individual to influence so many business models. Where is it written that Cutts has a mandate from Google to disseminate their policies?

Thanks
    It's pretty simple to fix if you know how to do it. This factor is highly related to some of the action they took in the latest algo updates. I made a detailed blog post about it here.

I think they are struggling mate to work out what is a brand, what is a temporary brand used by short media campaigns, what are domains just using EMD to rank but turn into a brand, what are long tail EMD exploiting EMD.

Unless they examine everyone individually I think he is going to struggle to come up with a formula to automatically assign penalties.

My view is, Good luck with that Google.

Thanks
    What he is saying: 'build links like brands and don't try to use low quality exact match domains in an unnatural way'. If it sounds like the domain name is bought purely to 'rank well in Google', it's not going to work.. Delete all those domains with 'KeywordForXXXX', 'KeywordInXXXXX' - they are simply worthless. If you develop them heavily and build plenty of high quality links it can obviously still work.. but the lazy domainer strategy 'build a quick site on a poor EMD' is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by aZooZa View Post
    What a daft statement: "...keywords in domain would be going down as we turned the knob toward brandable domains."

I think Cutts should get the cut. It just shows how facile Google are in allowing one individual to influence so many business models. Where is it written that Cutts has a mandate from Google to disseminate their policies?
    Last edited by maccke; 04-10-12 at 12:18 AM.