PDA

View Full Version : CaravanInsurance.co.uk (£13,213), Discover.co.uk (£28,393), Caravans.com (£41, 503)

Ty
14-06-12, 01:34 PM
These 3 domains have just closed at Sanderson Weatherall's auction of Barron Group Ltd's domain assets.

The sales haven't completed as the auction has only just finished.

The prices quoted are the all inclusive amounts due to be paid (ie final auction price plus the buyer's premium plus the VAT - ie these are the actual prices that will have to be paid by the bidder based on the winning bids).

Thought it was interesting anyway...

Comments welcome..... Good value for the buyers, sellers or just market?

Ty

GreyWing
14-06-12, 01:41 PM
Am I right in assuming that vat was only on the buyer's premium not the whole amount.. So 20% added to the 15% buyers premium, which would make it about 19% increase rather than 35% (20% vat + 15% premium).

Decent prices and I personally don't think a big surprise on price from what I see, caravans.com with a decent site will sell for a huge huge amount. Average unit price of £20k+ per vehicle makes that a decently priced name.

Ty
14-06-12, 01:48 PM
According to what the staff at the auction house told me, the bid price is subject to a buyer's premium to give an ex-VAT total. The 20% VAT is then levied on that total amount (meaning a non EU based buyer would be exempt).

I was bidding (didn't buy) and that was the understanding I was working on.

Rob_F
14-06-12, 11:55 PM
---
14th December 2011 update: deadline set for 20th December 2011
10th January 2012 update: new deadline set for 16th January 2012
29th May 2012 update: new deadline set for 14th June 2012
---

The above was posted on Acorn. If the above is what happened, that would have killed any interest I may have had.

Apparently, the seller/registrant can also turn down any winning bid if he doesn't like it? Sounds like a waste of everyone's time if that is the case.

Caravans was nice buy @ £40k – assuming the sale completes.

- Rob

wb
15-06-12, 02:16 PM
---
14th December 2011 update: deadline set for 20th December 2011
10th January 2012 update: new deadline set for 16th January 2012
29th May 2012 update: new deadline set for 14th June 2012
---

The above was posted on Acorn. If the above is what happened, that would have killed any interest I may have had.

Apparently, the seller/registrant can also turn down any winning bid if he doesn't like it? Sounds like a waste of everyone's time if that is the case.

Caravans was nice buy @ £40k – assuming the sale completes.

- Rob

Yep, although the deadlines were from the liquidators rather than the auctioneers, so I think these sales will finally go through assuming the buyers pay up.

The company did also actually have Caravans.co.uk registered to them but it was transferred out. Would have made a nice pair with the .com! :)