PDA

View Full Version : LondonUndergroundMap.co.uk

Chippy
15-05-12, 09:51 AM
This was a ftr the other day which I was surprised about really, 130,000 exacts a month in the uk more for global,
just wondering what peoples thoughts were,

The underground map in trademarked but you can buy a license to use it so not all bad

Cheers

Chippy
17-05-12, 03:36 PM
Cheers everyone

rob
17-05-12, 04:27 PM
I am surprised it was FTR - bang a micro site on it and ought to make a few quid off adsense - or if tourists go down that route for add ons :)

Chippy
17-05-12, 04:42 PM
Yea I was thinking doing something alone those line as I have a london hotel site as well which could work together, but its just time, trying to fight these google updates and fit new projects in.

Thats why I was seeing if there was any value in the domain so I could pump it into other existing sites

WealdDomains
17-05-12, 10:45 PM
You may wish to consider the Class 16 registration under European Community Mark E448571 at http://www.ipo.gov.uk/ohim?ohimnum=E448571 and the TFL position at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/7481.aspx

accelerator
18-05-12, 02:14 PM
This was a ftr the other day which I was surprised about really, 130,000 exacts a month in the uk more for global,
just wondering what peoples thoughts were,

The underground map in trademarked but you can buy a license to use it so not all bad

Cheers

My view - intellectual property issues are going to affect the potential of this domain, that's why it was probably FTR. As soon as you develop this domain, get it ranked properly, start making decent money, there is the distinct possibility that London Underground, the IP owner, will get upset, and ask to take the domain. I would not consider developing this domain without getting permission from them first, which they're unlikely to give, because they won't like you having this domain. Catch 22.

If you want to get traffic from London Underground Map traffic, you could do it under a non-related domain, but then you still need a licence.

Just my view.

Rgds