PDA

View Full Version : Site Review Please

Mojoco
08-05-12, 08:04 PM
New site mottestcentres.co.uk, published 5 - 6 weeks ago.

Over 18,000 pages indexed, long tail traffic is picking up nicely, with several top 3 positions.

Will be adding fresh content regularly. I have a telesales girl lined up to start selling upgrades, although we have not decided on the detail and the pricing.

I'd appreciate a site review please.

Also, if you have had an MOT done recently and would consider writing a review for the garage, that would be a bonus!

Thanks in advance guys.

WealdDomains
08-05-12, 10:30 PM
It looks great, and the link to Halfords is a solid generic one, but I have two comments :

- in practice, is 99% of your traffic for Class 4 (car) tests, in which case why not focus there with straight-through processing and treat everything else as an exception ?

- how do you decide how best to aggregate areas : for example, Romney Marsh does not appear to be an aggregate of Dymchurch, New Romney and Lydd, but if I lived on the marsh I would expect all of them to appear under RM ?

Regards,
David

Mojoco
08-05-12, 10:52 PM
Yes, there are still quite a few glitches to be ironed out with the geographic locations. We are improving that as we find them.

I would have agreed with your point about "99% of your traffic for Class 4 (car) tests"

However and although there is not enough data yet, surprisingly there is a much broader split for the various class's of MOT than might have been expected.

Today for example has had 122 UV's. Of those there were 16 searches for motorbike MOT's. 4 searches for HGV / Lorry MOT's. 3 searches for Taxi Mot's. 3 search's for class 7 MOT's

Thanks for the feedback David.

GreyWing
09-05-12, 04:14 PM
Hi Mate,

One of my old domain buyers set up motonline.co.uk and could be worth a check, has things like MOT Reminders and stuff. Not been through it 100% but could be worth a quick eye over it.

All the best
GW

Mojoco
09-05-12, 05:28 PM
Thanks Graeme,

Yes we will be adding MOT reminders and a few other things. I'll have a nose around that site.

accelerator
16-05-12, 12:40 PM
The design comes across as a bit plain. I would add a photo into the header to add some interest. Somewhere some smiling faces will help add "friendliness" and help conversion.

The search function needs to be made more prominent. High visibility orange is a good colour to use.

Rgds

accelerator
16-05-12, 12:49 PM
Also, are you validating the reviews at all? i.e. do you have a procedure where you can identify and reject malicious reviews?

Rgds

Mojoco
16-05-12, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback Chris, valid points.

Yes all reviews are manually approved. Any malicious reviews being rejected regardless if they may or may not have merit. It is not worth taking the chance.

accelerator
17-05-12, 01:06 PM
No problem. I think your site might benefit by improving the "call to action". Also working on the messaging, graphic prominence and page position of things like "Submit a Listing".

e.g. "It only takes a few minutes to submit your Test Centre".

"People are using this site to book their MOT in your area - don't miss out".

Then start publishing the site stats somewhere.

i.e. just push the benefits of a listing.

These conversion rate optimisation resources (http://webref.eu/conversion-rate-optimisation.php) may also be helpful to you.

Rgds