PDA

View Full Version : OWN WEBSITE, RATHER THAN SEDO PARKING.

zuuie
01-05-12, 09:00 PM
Hello, I am returning to domaining since '99 and my domains are currently with sedo.

My current self employed work involves great customer care, of which I believe is essential.

The only problem I find with domain parking is austerity of it. I would personally like to link the domain names to my website, where the prospective buyer can know the seller first (or does this matter?) and I can market the domain effectively.

I realise sedo parking can generate some pennies, but really how much depends on traffic obviously.

Anyway are there any domainers out there that have their own site selling or linking to a domain company? or are your domains listed with a domain company.

Thanks, Howard.

atlas
02-05-12, 02:26 AM
Welcome to UKDF Howard!

If you are not making much money parking, I definitely think it is better to have a sales page linking to your website rather than parking. You won't be losing much parking revenue, and you should more than make up for it with extra sales. As well, I think it reduces legal risks as well - some domains are lost because of the ads they display while being parked.

zuuie
02-05-12, 09:05 AM
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hello Atlas, thank you. Appreciate your words, I think your right, Ill keep developing my site. I've linked it with google analytics so will get the data from hits etc.
Cheers Howard.