PDA

View Full Version : Google Insurance - New business idea

GreyWing
26-04-12, 12:23 PM
Hey guys news business idea, insurance against Google obliteration. Not insurance in the normal sense of the word, more like Ronnie and Reggie from the 1960's, if you don't pay me money we'll do so many dodgy links to your site you will get annihilated.

Anyone up for joining me in this new venture, made possible by Google of course... :D

atlas
26-04-12, 01:13 PM
I know that this is a joke post, but it is a serious concern. It seems to me that it is easier for a competitor to destroy a website than to improve the rankings of their own website. People follow incentives given to them. See:
http://www.seobook.com/negative-seo-outing

GreyWing
26-04-12, 05:12 PM
It's a circular firing squad mate.... Matt Cutts is probably laughing at his at the bloatedness of his own importance at the moment. The more carnage he causes the happier he is, due to people needing him to fix it. People having a need for you or your services brings a nice warm feeling to people and he is getting off on it. He's a referee of a football match that is whistle happy. I guess people know now what it is like to live in North Korea, no trial, no appeal, no rights, just one minute here and next minute gone.

He doesn't look to be street smart though, the first thing that someone (even some uneducated bottom of the run web guy) thinks of when this broke out is that negative SEO is the obvious path forward.

They will never put that genie back in the bottle, previously at least they had the myth that negative seo didn't work... that is shattered because of this and it's game on. It doesn't now matter whether it is true that negative seo works or not in Google, people believe they can harm other sites and that is what is going to happen now.

aZooZa
27-04-12, 04:47 AM
An interesting read about a competitive upstart:

http://searchengineland.com/could-duckduckgo-be-the-biggest-long-term-threat-to-google-118117?utm_source=sel&utm_medium=scap&utm_campaign=email

GreyWing
27-04-12, 05:06 AM
There does seem to be two separate issues with google that people are having at the moment. 1) Google is becoming a website and not a search engine 2) Google's anti spam quality policy may have caught a few innocent victims up whilst leaving guilty sites in the rankings.

Just tried DuckDuckGo and they are suffering from spam already and that's without spammers really aiming for them which they will if they get big.