PDA

View Full Version : Big panic at 'Domain Brand' and Domain Lore over very valuable domain: pinkgrapefruit

aZooZa
16-04-12, 11:55 AM
Okay guys - thanks for the heads-up.

I have advised Denys of the mistake. I put pinkgrapefruit.co.uk up for sale instead of pinkgrapefruit.org.uk.

Apparently, I'm the FBI's most wanted man.

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/general-board/101848-dale-hubbard-domainlore.html

Horrific - and by a man that could never be trusted at 'Old Mother Hubbard Media".

I would call for a ban of this Hubbard character. What say you?

aZooZa
16-04-12, 12:13 PM
Glad all sorted Dale. Is 'DB' a member here at UKDF?

PS: Did he PM you here?
Thanks Matthew - I don't know if he is a member or not - he'll need to soften his 'knee-jerk' reactions if he is to stay as one.

Anyway, the .org.uk on a DRS-fought .co.uk domain can't be that bad...

aZooZa
16-04-12, 01:12 PM
Now Denys is on my case for making a mistake -- what is wrong with these people? Can't they write scripts?

secname
16-04-12, 02:07 PM
You should have put it on http://www.dnuk.co.uk lol

secname
16-04-12, 03:00 PM
Yeah. Some fiddly bits need doing but all should be ok now

atlas
16-04-12, 04:12 PM
I missed all the excitement :(

rob
16-04-12, 05:12 PM
from google cache as I missed all the fun:

"Just took a look on DomainLore and to my horror one of my domain names is on auction without my consent, the domain name in question is not for sale."

That from the idiot who I was 48hrs away from applying to get an injunction to stop him from selling a name we had an agreement on. Of course he denied the agreement existed as it was via MSN (all logged). The deal to pay a bounty on a name, but then didnt want to hand it over when he caught it (via my system ironically enough) as he was utterly skint and needed a nice one to keep to put food on his table - yes I believed the sob story :)

Thankfully he signed and sent the PDF to close the matter eventually , but not without lots of abuse denials and the like.

Needless to say I dont deal with him anymore :)

For the record Denys / DL was very good when I spoke to him about that particular case.

rob
16-04-12, 05:16 PM
Ha - just looked up pinkgrapefruit as that rang a bell ! Got me laughing all over again :)