PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Stellar73
13-04-12, 07:41 PM
Hi,

Nice to see there's another .uk domain forum.

I'm a relative newbie/dabbler but have been on Acorn since last summer with the same username (slightly irked now that I chose a username with my year of birth in the title as it identifies me as an old woman *sob sob*)

I've accumulated over 100 domains in the last year and among them some right howlers.
Am calming down though and getting better in my choices....sold a few mostly in the £50-£100 zone though still a way to go to make up for the money I spent on dross in the first few months

My favourite domain (which I intend to develop) is aquariumsdirect (co.uk) which was a dropcatch.

I've just moved to Edinburgh after living in London for 10 years and am currently day job hunting (procrastinating) hence spending more than an average amount of time on domain forums at the mo!

Cheers

Gill

GreyWing
13-04-12, 07:55 PM
Hi Gill,

Many of us know you from acorn anyway, by the way you can mention the other forum here... Dale doesn't run this place like North Korea.

Weren't you at the DomainSponsor event last year in London or am I thinking of someone else?

Cheers
GW

Aiden Roberts
13-04-12, 08:17 PM
Hi Gill

Nice to see you over here.

Aiden

Stellar73
13-04-12, 08:42 PM
GreyWing - er yes, it was me....I remember meeting you (which says a lot as drunkeness caused quite a few gaps that night).....It's funny how people you know online are never quite how you picture in the flesh.....From your username and Acorn posts I'd expected you to be a sprightly but-still-with-most-of-his marbles intact 85 year old and in person I have to say you didn't look a day over 79 ;-)

Joking of course!

Nice to see you here and you too Aiden!

Gill

atlas
13-04-12, 08:47 PM
Hi Gill,

Welcome to the UKDF community!

aZooZa
14-04-12, 08:56 AM
Welcome Gill. No drunks allowed on here :cool:

atlas
14-04-12, 01:41 PM
No drunks allowed on here :cool:

Uh oh! .

Danny B
16-04-12, 11:00 AM
No drunks?...ah no...hic...I'm off....hey Gill :)

aZooZa
16-04-12, 11:06 AM
No drunks?...ah no...hic...I'm off....hey Gill :)
Just for a reserved few - like me and 'Bailey'. Where is 'Bailey'?

GreyWing
16-04-12, 01:04 PM
From your username and Acorn posts I'd expected you to be a sprightly but-still-with-most-of-his marbles intact 85 year old and in person I have to say you didn't look a day over 79 ;-)

Joking of course!

No unfortunately I must admit there is a little more truth in that than you first think. I do look a lot older than what I am, it's a standing joke with my friends that I look in my 50's when I am 32. That's what this industry does to you, too many late nights :mad: