PDA

View Full Version : Hello

diamond99
09-04-12, 02:04 PM
Just want to say hello to everyone here. I am beginner in Domain Flipping. I got intrested in this about 6/9 months ago. I have been reading all kind of stuff on Domain Flipping and came across DCE plugin for FF. Then I discovered this forum. So far it has been very interesting to read all those posts.

I am in UK and still waiting for my first flip. Just trying to learn as much as I can. Do you find easier to flip co.uk domains or .com domains?

I am looking to learn from experience people. Is there any good course out there? Anyone on this forum willing to share some of their tricks/methods?

Thanks

aZooZa
09-04-12, 05:09 PM
Welcome to UKDF! Not sure which extension is easier to flip really, I suppose it's the search volume or 'instant brandability' factors that count. I don't think it's particularly hard to flip if you're prepared to consider that doubling your money is enough. I think you'd do better than basic rate bank interest anyway, especially if you did one or two a day for the fun of it, although there'll never be a living in it exclusively.

atlas
09-04-12, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the community diamond99!

I don't do any flipping myself, but from what I've seen the best way to go about it is emailing and telephoning end users.

GreyWing
09-04-12, 07:58 PM
Welcome,

To be honest they are both as hard to flip as each other, every extension is just as hard to flip as the next so long as you want to make a profit.

What I mean is that to flip something you need demand, demand means that it is harder / more expensive to get hold of the domain name in the first place. So the only true way to do it at the moment is to hold on until the domains become more in demand, this takes time and funds.

As Jeff says though, being proactive is a great bonus and beats sitting and waiting but you can never really beat it when someone with funds, a need, suddenly then approaches you.

diamond99
09-04-12, 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone for such a warming welcome.