PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Dress Outfits.co.uk

GreyWing
02-04-12, 10:25 AM
Anyone have a guess at the value, maybe the wrong time of year to sell but had an enquiry again last night and not sure what is a fair price for it......

FancyDressOutfits.co.uk

18,000 exacts from memory.. Although Google's stats are sometimes way out..

Cheers
GW

atlas
02-04-12, 01:44 PM
MotherOfTheBrideOutfits.co.uk sold for around £3.5K.

If you've received an unsolicited offer from an end user, I'd likely quote £4K with a view to getting a deal done at £3K.

accelerator
18-05-12, 02:20 PM
Good domain as a strong online sector, but I would be realistic about valuation levels and take a half decent offer.

Rgds

Edwin
19-05-12, 08:13 AM
It's the 3rd best generic domain for the whole sector, after "fancydress" and "fancydresscostumes" and there are several big players, so I would expect to start the discussion around £10K and hope to achieve 50-60% of that.

GreyWing
19-05-12, 01:33 PM
Cheers guys,

Edwin that is a really good method of selling a name "x best generic in sector", that does make it attractive to people and certainly a excellent way of explaining the benefit of it to potential buyers.

accelerator
19-05-12, 01:51 PM
I would also guess that this sector has taken quite a hit from the economy, as people will be going out a lot less, so is it the optimum time to sell?

Rgds

GreyWing
20-05-12, 07:53 PM
I would also guess that this sector has taken quite a hit from the economy, as people will be going out a lot less, so is it the optimum time to sell?

Rgds

Yes mate you are right, strange though that I bought the name originally to go with boselection.co.uk and boost the mask sales on that site if ever needed. The masks were always a great cash generator and always had enough, usually too much business so never bothered about kicking in FancyDressOutfits.co.uk But they keep buying masks and stuff off that site, which is strange as you say especially in these financial times.

Probably one to keep on the back burner for the time being as you say. Would imagine someone big who imports from China or something will come along eventually.