PDA

View Full Version : Flippa - any experiences?

aZooZa
31-03-12, 05:26 PM
Flippa.com have had their share of bad press recently for allowing blatant TM violations. Has anyone used them and had any success? The platform looks okay, but the buyer base seems generally potless. I've got a domain up there now, but not holding my breath.

atlas
31-03-12, 05:57 PM
Not sure how good it is for domains. It's decent for buying and selling low and medium value websites, but there's a lot, lot, lot of crap and obvious scams to wade through if you're looking for something to buy.

aZooZa
31-03-12, 06:01 PM
Too true Jeff. I have my domain there at a low x,xxx reserve and the current bid after two days is $55 - looking to be fruitless at this stage LOL.

Sound
01-04-12, 09:20 AM
Have sold one website in the £xx,xxx range you need to spend time listing as many stats and reports as possible.

GreyWing
01-04-12, 09:48 AM
I certainly think their is a gap in the UK market for a site that can sell uk developed websites. Again though I think quality sells and would need to keep the crap out.

aZooZa
02-04-12, 12:42 AM
I think Denys could develop DL more. It seems he just wants to stay in one niche, which is fair enough and he's doing it very well, but I can't help thinking he's missing out on other opportunities.

FagEnd
04-04-12, 12:48 PM
I've never tried flippa before but been thinking about using it. I can throw together a site in less than an hour that is better than half the stuff I'm seeing being sold there. Are the sites really being sold or is there a lot of sales never completed?

aZooZa
04-04-12, 02:52 PM
I think stuff does sell on there. A lot of rubbish being flipped of course. Give it a stab Jim and let us know how you get on?