PDA

View Full Version : Scamming the gullible domainer - a classic

aZooZa
26-03-12, 10:29 AM
This is a 'must read' when you have an hour.

http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/244550-we-have-suspended-our-warrior-special-offer-because-not-delivering-results-promised-back-when-working.html

Unbelievable.

Edwin
26-03-12, 04:25 PM
Basically isn't Warrior Forum pretty much synonymous for "get rich quick"? Every offer thread is bursting with unreasonably rosy promises...

FagEnd
26-03-12, 08:58 PM
Basically isn't Warrior Forum pretty much synonymous for "get rich quick"? Every offer thread is bursting with unreasonably rosy promises...

My thoughts exactly. I can't understand why these WSO's keep getting churned out in different guises and it's the same folks that get burned. Don't they realise after 1 or 2 burns they are being scammed? I'm not a member of warrior but I like to read it for the comedy value. It is a forum basically full of hopefuls trying to get rich overnight, and so called "gurus" peddling shite as special offers. The hopefuls hang on every word the gurus say. Scammers paradise IMO.

aZooZa
27-03-12, 01:42 AM
This makes a fascinating read: www.warriorforumsucks.com

atlas
27-03-12, 04:58 AM
This makes a fascinating read: www.warriorforumsucks.com

Another good read at the anti scam website:
http://saltydroid.info/

They've covered scams on warriorforum many times.

getmein
27-03-12, 08:37 AM
About 5 years ago, I got taken in by a similar scam on DigitalPoint - the basics are the same. Claims are too good to be true (but if you're green, the combination of wanting to believe allied to your inexperience and greed makes you think it's possible), service starts with some support, add money, service provider disappears. Probably a cheap lesson.

There was quite an elaborate scam on DP, where someone claimed to be able to get a yahoo directory listing for a much lower price and make it permanent. First few pages of the thread were filled with happy customers (evidently the OP decided to buy a few listings)- all the other pages were filled with people who'd been scammed.

NameDriver
27-03-12, 12:20 PM
Interesting read.

I can't help but wonder if ANY of these "work from home" things are legit. Does anyone know of any success stories which are actually true?
All legend is based on some truth,,,

atlas
27-03-12, 03:37 PM
Wow, that brings back memories. I remember seeing that on DP at the time.

About 5 years ago, I got taken in by a similar scam on DigitalPoint - the basics are the same. Claims are too good to be true (but if you're green, the combination of wanting to believe allied to your inexperience and greed makes you think it's possible), service starts with some support, add money, service provider disappears. Probably a cheap lesson.

There was quite an elaborate scam on DP, where someone claimed to be able to get a yahoo directory listing for a much lower price and make it permanent. First few pages of the thread were filled with happy customers (evidently the OP decided to buy a few listings)- all the other pages were filled with people who'd been scammed.