PDA

View Full Version : Who has an ipad 3 then

secname
16-03-12, 10:08 PM
Has anyone bought one yet? if so is it better than the ipad 2.

invincible
18-03-12, 10:07 PM
Has anyone bought one yet? if so is it better than the ipad 2.

Yes. Keeping my 1 too. Have decided that laptops in bedrooms, kitchen/dinning areas or even living rooms are a bit unsightly.

As to whether it is better than a 2, the 1 and 2 had same screen so depends how much you care for the higher resolution display. Text and line art definitely look better on 3 than previous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

secname
18-03-12, 10:14 PM
cheers, im bordering should i just buy a 3 or go for the 2. but for the £50 difference i think the 3 would be a better option at the moment.

invincible
18-03-12, 10:18 PM
cheers, im bordering should i just buy a 3 or go for the 2. but for the £50 difference i think the 3 would be a better option at the moment.

Is the 2 that is £50 cheaper also 16gb and wifi only? If so definitely buy the 3!

Something else: the standalone dock for the 1 does not work well with the 2 and 3. The standalone dock for the 2 and 3 will not take the 1. The same standalone dock fits the 2 and 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aZooZa
19-03-12, 01:11 AM
The 16GB is all you need in some respects, with the new iOS and iCloud. No need to have any iOS devices full of music. The iPad has essentially replaced TV for me. I watch what I want, when I want, in my own personal space. My iPhone is unclogged also now that I don't have to have my entire music library installed. Plenty of room for apps and video etc. My MacBook Air is only 64GB, but again, I don't have to worry about music as that's all backed up on my iMac in the UK. I just wish I'd had access to iCloud on that before I left for China last August. It's a shame that iTunes doesn't allow you to re-download purchased music, like it does apps.

I'd like a 3 but it's not available in China. My 1 and 2 are in constant use. I won't be selling them as they are just too useful. I've not seen a 3 yet, but watching films on the 1 and 2 is so awesome in respect of the screen definition, it's hard to imagine that it could be better!

Here's a poser: I have searched HIGH AND LOW for an image manipulation app that will allow the following:

1. Load 1.jpg.
2. Load 2.jpg.
3. Select part of the 1.jpg image and copy/paste it into the 2.jpg image.
4. Move the pasted image portion from 1.jpg around in 2.jpg until it's in the right place. Resizing the rectangle would be dead handy before committing it.

None of this is rocket science. I haven't found anything that will do this and again, believe me, I've looked everywhere. Even iPhoto and Adobe apps won't do it.

Suggestions VERY much appreciated.

aZooZa
20-03-12, 08:12 AM
Also asked here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/68843-no-image-app-can-do-can-hard.html#post487535

Karl
23-06-12, 12:47 AM
It's on my wanted list, can't wait to see what the iPhone 5 brings too, as I have cracked my 4 and am due a upgrade in 2 months.

Marcoose
03-07-12, 12:53 AM
I'm waiting to read some reviews on the Microsoft jobby. Looks nice and would be good to see some competition to Apple and Samsung. I did come very close to buying an ipad a few weeks ago though but slapped myself and realised I've got absolutely no use for one.

Band
03-07-12, 02:27 AM
I'm waiting for 'ipad 24', seems stupid paying out for each of the previous 23. Also waiting on the 'iphone 2567' meanwhile got the gf's second hand iphone 4, might be three, got confusing when they added the s. Bought the gf the s when it came out, wasn't impressed when I advised her it stood for 'suckers.'

aZooZa
03-07-12, 07:53 PM
I'm waiting to read some reviews on the Microsoft jobby. Looks nice and would be good to see some competition to Apple and Samsung. I did come very close to buying an ipad a few weeks ago though but slapped myself and realised I've got absolutely no use for one.
I've got two iPads in the apartment which are only really used for watching streaming films. You can jig it so that Netflix works (a treat) or if you're in Phuket, you should be able to get PPtv and PPStv from China - both have native iPad apps and a huge amount of English language films and TV series. If I was looking for another iPad, I'd just get a used minimal iPad 1 - that's all you need for media entertainment really.