PDA

View Full Version : Sprog

Whibs
08-03-12, 08:59 AM
Hi All, Paul Whibley here AKA WHIBS, suspect we all know one another.

Amateur domainer/professional broker and useless developer.

On a 3 year plan to invest and make a return on investment allowing me to buy a house. Dabbling in catching and flipping but looking to broker premium .com and co.uk domains.

Good to be on board

WHIBS

aZooZa
08-03-12, 09:06 AM
Hi Paul, and welcome!

Ty
08-03-12, 03:41 PM
Hi Whibs,

Welcome!

I have a couple of questions:
So how does your brokering service work - eg exclusive, contracted somehow, ad hoc?
Are you posting the names on a sales platform somewhere, or is it more about contacting potential end users?
Also, what are your fees?

I'm sure anyone considering you would be interested in the above!

Ty

atlas
08-03-12, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the community Paul!

Whibs
08-03-12, 07:35 PM
Hi Ty,

In most cases i do not require an exclusive contract (Most domainers are profesional and we work in a little village) but do require a few weeks to research, lead build and initiate a big initial marketing push. In this period i ask that i am the only one brokering the domain. The client will get regular updates and i rely on him to trust me and obviously I must trust that the seller does not sell under my nose.

I do not advertise domains on a platform, what is the point, every one does that and unless i have the NS changed there is little point. Besides endusers are unlikely to find a domain in this manner. If an end user wants your domain he will find you. It is my job to capture the potetnial buyers attention and hold their attention until I have directed their interst towards the decision making process, my only targets are endusers but i always comunicate domains to domainers, you never know!

10% is the fee.

If any one reading this thinks i might be worth a go please check to ensure that the us, com.au, ca, com, net, org, eu, info, biz, mobi, co.uk, me and finally org.uk are already registered, in my experience these domains being registered reflects a must have with premium domains.

I obviously appreciate that "My" domain is always worth more than the market predicts. If your domain really is valuable i would be happy to review and give you my personal feedback. It is my job to get you the best price for the domain, please provide me a realistic minimum price, i will pitch it as high as i feel i can. I only take two or three domains at any one time, i am presently marketing 2 .com domains, one valued at $25,000 and one at $140,000.

Hope that answers your question Ty:)

Whibs

Hi Whibs,

Welcome!

I have a couple of questions:
So how does your brokering service work - eg exclusive, contracted somehow, ad hoc?
Are you posting the names on a sales platform somewhere, or is it more about contacting potential end users?
Also, what are your fees?

I'm sure anyone considering you would be interested in the above!

Ty[/QUOTE]

Ty
08-03-12, 08:49 PM
Cool, ta for the reply, I suspect others might find it useful also :)

Since you are actively trying to sell them, what are the names that you're brokering at the minute? I, and others here do buy names! The only one that I would realistically sell of my own atm that fits the bill is Lets.com - I'm not selling my UK names as it stands.

Best of luck with it tho,

Ty

aZooZa
09-03-12, 01:24 AM
Very useful Paul, and I like your criteria. Are you absolutely limited to .com and .co.uk? I have a domain on a ccTLD for which there are no results for availability at all on www.idotz.net - which is where I check for this stuff. Every conceivable extension is taken, and I've checked manually. It's a whois.** domain. Difficult to place this kind of thing I guess.

Whibs
13-03-12, 06:47 PM
Sorry for the late reply, a few things have changed since i posted the above. I am brokering 13 lll.com domains, 1 NN.com domain, and may have racehorses dot com. I have just completed on my own portfolio of 15 hostel domains to a prominent hostel company as well as a couple of small domains i owned.

Ty please drop me an email regarding lets com, be interested to hear your expectations on that one.

Dale please also drop me a mail with expectations, i actually might know one long shot worth running this past. It really is a long shot but you never know.

Regarding the criteria for brokering, I am interested in selling anything really but due to the work that goes into brokerage and research it really needs to be a domain with good clear value. The .com gives me a greater audience and a market in the USA that understands the value of domains better than the UK, Ty may well vouch for me here. Therefore a greater chance of a sale and a higher commision on the sale, but a good .co.uk or other ccTLD may certainly get me to review.

During the course of marketing a domain i do contact domainers, those domainers may well know someone who has an interest, in which case it is a split commision, i am looking at the potential of a Newsletter type of mailing with a few market tips, who what where when and how as well as a list of domains i am brokering.

Whibs

aZooZa
14-03-12, 02:14 AM
Many thanks for this info Paul. I'll drop you an email later today. Feel free to promote your brokerage services here as you see fit, but looks like you're busy! Anyway, I've created a forum for it.