PDA

View Full Version : Are sales threads private?

Rob_F
27-02-12, 07:57 PM
As in search engines can't index them, and are only visible to logged in members?

Thanks,
Rob

wb
27-02-12, 09:26 PM
Can see them when logged out here, and they are currently indexed too by the looks of things.

Rob_F
27-02-12, 10:26 PM
Can see them when logged out here, and they are currently indexed too by the looks of things.

Thanks for that.

I'd love to see them taken private but I know not all members would agree?

- Rob

wb
27-02-12, 11:22 PM
Would be happy to see the sales forums visible to guests, but all threads in them kept private and for members only.

This way, guests will know that the forums do exist and can be viewed if they join (unlike on Acorn, where the sales forums are all completely invisible if you're logged out).

Rob_F
28-02-12, 01:17 AM
Would be happy to see the sales forums visible to guests, but all threads in them kept private and for members only.

This way, guests will know that the forums do exist and can be viewed if they join (unlike on Acorn, where the sales forums are all completely invisible if you're logged out).

I agree, that would be a good way to do things.

There are lots of reason why members would want references to their domains out of search engines. For me, for the most part, it is because I don't want end users accessing my wholesale deals/prices.

There are certain legal/DRS/UDRP issues that can arise from such threads, too – seen it happen plenty of times on DNF.

- Rob

aZooZa
28-02-12, 03:57 AM
Thanks guys. Very important point. From now on, nothing in the 'Sales' forum and sub-forums can be seen by unregistered members or search engines. The forum title is visible but none of the content.

Cheers