PDA

View Full Version : Could you pls give me some suggestions about my domain name?

Stacy Ke
26-01-13, 06:24 AM
Hello everyone ! I am new here ,read lots of posts here and learned many interesting things ...
Being a merchant owning an online shop ,I have applied for a new brand and domain name -- " Cichic" brand and Cichic.com
Ci means "See" by the same pronunciation , chic means fashion.
Could you pls give me some suggestions if you think this name will be easy to remeber and popular ?
Wait for your help and thanks a lot ...:)

Jamie101
27-01-13, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately I don't think it's easy to remember, and I wouldn't know how to pronounce it either if I'm being honest.

Stacy Ke
28-01-13, 06:53 AM
CICHIC,CI is pronounced as "see",CHIC just means fashion.I think you can read it loudly,and you will understand the meaning.
In a word,thank you all the same for your advises..:o

Edwin
28-01-13, 03:55 PM
It's a very poor brand, since you've had to explain it twice in 2 posts.

Brands need to stand on their own. You'll run out of marketing budget very quickly if you have to keep explaining it!

Stacy Ke
29-01-13, 02:23 AM
Why did the other people I asked all say that the name is perfect?:confused:I know different people have different opinions.Thank you all the same with your real feelings.We need multiple ideas to improve ourselves.I really appreciate all your opinions.

spiderspider
29-01-13, 10:25 AM
Why did the other people I asked all say that the name is perfect?.

We're they friends, family, or just people wanting to big you up?

When I look at it, I see cic hic. And I instantly think of the Disney Cars character, Chick Hick. I don't read it as ci chic.

If you having to explain to us here that ci means see, and chic means fashion (to me, chic would be poultry, or a pretty lady), then your potential clients will have no idea either.

crabfoot
31-03-13, 03:37 PM
Ci means "See" by the same pronunciation , chic means fashion.

Er, well, in French it means "this fashionable/smart/stylish" , ci meaning this and chic being an adjective, with mostly the same meaning in English.

Might be useful to translate the whole site into French, a language in which the domain trips off the tongue.

micheljanet
25-12-15, 03:38 PM
It's a very poor brand, since you've had to explain it twice in 2 posts.

Brands need to stand on their own. You'll run out of marketing budget very quickly if you have to keep explaining it!