PDA

View Full Version : Monitsing Domains

dave222
13-10-12, 10:03 PM
Hi

I have a portfolio of domain names and iv read you can make money from them, how do i do this?

Thanks

Dave

atlas
14-10-12, 02:17 AM
If your domains get any traffic you can. The traffic would come from natural type ins and also residual traffic if there once was a website there. You can park the domain at a parking provider and they'll place an ad feed on your domain. When people click through the ads, you get paid. It is pretty easy to set up and test out - but unless you've got some great domains I wouldn't expect to earn a lot.

dave222
14-10-12, 09:29 PM
Great thanks for the reply, so is this the only way to monetise domains? or can you add value to domains in any way?

Thanks

aZooZa
15-10-12, 05:18 AM
You can add value to them by building them out. Have you considered this? One of the easiest ways is to use Wordpress.

FagEnd
15-10-12, 07:00 PM
I'll second that. Building them out using Amazon or other affiliate programs can bring in a nice residual income. Nowadays, parking domains earns very little, if anything, unless they are top notch EMD's with lots of type in traffic.
See my thread if you are considering the option to have them built out. You won't get this level of development for so little anywhere else ;)
http://www.ukdomainforum.co.uk/showthread.php?1172-Bulk-domain-development-from-%A37-50-each

dave222
16-10-12, 09:17 PM
I'll second that. Building them out using Amazon or other affiliate programs can bring in a nice residual income. Nowadays, parking domains earns very little, if anything, unless they are top notch EMD's with lots of type in traffic.
See my thread if you are considering the option to have them built out. You won't get this level of development for so little anywhere else ;)
http://www.ukdomainforum.co.uk/showthread.php?1172-Bulk-domain-development-from-%A37-50-each

Hi

Thanks for the replies, i dont know what you mean about building out? what is that? il check ou the link.

Cheers

dave222
16-10-12, 09:24 PM
Just had alook so you would take my domains and build websites and then amazon etc would advertise on there and each time someone clicks i get commission?

I will list my domains below and let me know which nes would be good for this service

Domain Name
118plumber.com
21bust.com
4hr.org.uk
amnesiaibiza.co.uk
amnesiaibiza.eu
fastcompletion.com
fastcompletioninvestments.com
fastpropertyeducation.com
hmoinvestor.org.uk
ibiza24.co.uk
ibizarocks.info
jobsinibiza.eu
kendalcanal.co.uk
lancasterplumber.co.uk
merseysideplumber.com
nycadvert.com
nycfifthave.com
oo7.uk.com
photographerinchester.co.uk
selfstorageliverpool.com
sellmyhomequick.org.uk
sellmyhousequick.uk.com
sthelensplumber.com
titaniumdomains.com
traileradvert.com
ukdomainholdings.com
yorkshireplumber.com
propertymavericks.com
007homes.com
propertyguaranteed.com
fastpropertyoverseas
wealthofproperty.com
propertyhideaway.com
myoffshorehomes.com
exciteproperty.com
sunseekerhome.com
chilloutproperty.com
worldpropertyholdings.com
webuyhouses.uk.com
webuyhouses.gb.net
sellmyhousequick.uk.com
sellmyhomequick.org.uk
realpropertyinvesting.com
buyingmyfirstproperty.com
worldpropertyinvestments.com
cashfastforproperty.com
buyainvestmentproperty.com
anfieldliverpool.co.uk
nw1.me.uk
pn1.co.uk

Thanks

crabfoot
24-10-12, 05:55 PM
When the people above refer to "building out", they are talking about building a site on the domains, rather than leaving the domains parked.

None of those domains are really suitable for the sort of thing FagEnd is offering - he's proposing to build a structured start for sites, that you can enhance by adding useful content at a later date.

You build sites which people will find useful. Then you have to learn the ways that drive people to go and look at those sites. These techniques are usually referred to as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), because most of the traffic comes from sites showing in the results when people use search engines like Googl.

When you have people looking at your sites on a regular basis, say, 100 visitors a week, you apply to join advertising networks, eg Adsense / Amazon, then you place ads on the sites and you might get some commission.

Some of those domains could be quite good for building out as "content" sites - sites which present users with useful content to help their lives, and also serve adverts for monetizing purposes, eg Adsense (Ad Choices, as it is called for the public these days).

Property mavericks could be used for a DIY decorating and house facelift site, the "plumber" domains could also be made to work as "content" sites. You could extend to using others as content sites, such as excite property , chill out property , buying my first property - these could all work as "advice" sites with meaningful content, that could be used for running adverts on.

Unfortunately, most of the property domains really need a large organisation behind them to take off as viable entities. You'd need a stack of cash and TV advertising, and without that they're just "nice names". I have to compliment you because you haven't registered a lot of rubbish, but as I see those names you'd need to put in loads of money to get a site up that will give a return. Because property is a lucrative market, it is also highly competitive - you need cash to compete.

If you are completely clueless as to where to start with this sort of thing, don't go out there and waste money on these "web riches" programs sold on every street corner of the web. We've all done that and we've all wasted money. So many of these courses are outdated a week after you buy them, but people still try to sell ideas and concepts that stopped working three years ago.

If you have to waste money on a course, try "AdSense 100k BluePrint by Michael Ullman and Adam Franklin", which is not complete rubbish. It's actually quite good and reasonably up-to-date advice, although in the current web climate you would be working a miracle if you could get the returns they claim as past successes - those days are gone.

It is not difficult to build a site using WordPress, so you could try that out.

If you want to learn to build a HTML website quickly, I have recently created 1123666999 (http://www.1123666999.com/index.html), "the website that teaches you how to build a HTML/css website without knowledge of HTML/css by describing how the website itself was built". That's the cheapest way to put a website together, there's some good info on there (even if I did write it all myself), and it is free to look at it! Everybody's favourite price ...

dave222
31-10-12, 12:06 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply, So content sites sound interesting however i would need alot of traffic to make any money wouldnt i? as the comms will be quite small.
Would a better way be to build a content site as you sugest add advertising links and flip quickly for profit on flippa?

The property ones i bought because im involved in property, iv not sold any property domains as yet but i mix with that crowd and i think i may be able to sell these domains to property people just need to think of a clever way to do that, i know alot of property people look for sellpropertyquickly domains and alike, a meet alot of property finders also, any ideas on how i can sell to these? i relise i will need a suitable domain but now thinking if i get an end user in mind first then find a domain for that nieche area.

I bought a few last week

leedsestateagent.co.uk
diesalapp.co.uk
diesalapp.com
driverapp.co.uk
exchangewithdelayedcompletion.com

fuelsaverapp.co.uk
fuelsaverapp.com

lpgapp.co.uk
lpgapp.com
whatisaleaseoption.co.uk
whatisaleaseoption.com

Gonna try and sell them off to people in those areas.

Thanks again

Dave