PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Lakedistrict (UK)

dave222
13-10-12, 03:07 PM
Hi all

Very excited to have found this forum and hope to learn lots, i do have a few questions and it would be great if someone could respond :)

Iv bought maybe 32 domains so far and im a complete novice, however i want to make a living from trading domains eventually so is anyone on here trading full time?

Iv bought domains such as pn1.co.uk and many many more some not so good and some completly worthless such as 007.uk.com, iv tried selling some of my domains and this iv found is the hard part, iv just built a domain site titaniumdomains.com and hope to sell the portfolio or some on there, any advice on how and where to sell/market domains?

Also is it best to focus on buying domains in an area im familiar with so i can sell to the end user with rapport and knowledge in that area?

Hope to hear from someone soon

Many thanks

Dave

atlas
13-10-12, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the community Dave!

Before you buy any more domains it would be a good idea to try to sell one. It will give you an idea about what kind of domain is saleable and what is not.

Why did you purchase pn1.co.uk?

dave222
13-10-12, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the community Dave!

Before you buy any more domains it would be a good idea to try to sell one. It will give you an idea about what kind of domain is saleable and what is not.

Why did you purchase pn1.co.uk?

Hi

Thanks for the fast reply, well iv sold one

selfstoragelancaster.co.uk to local storage provider i rang them up, bought the domain for £17 total and sold for £125 not to bad.

How do you traders sell your domains? iv been told flippa, ebay, and auctions like sedo etc.. are all useless as everyone is wanting a bargain, so what does that leave to sell on?

Which company is best for domain parking? i currently use 123 reg but been told they loose domains and service is terrible should i move them? is moniker any good?

Thanks

Again

Dave

atlas
14-10-12, 02:13 AM
well iv sold one

selfstoragelancaster.co.uk to local storage provider i rang them up, bought the domain for £17 total and sold for £125 not to bad.

Congrats!

How do you traders sell your domains? iv been told flippa, ebay, and auctions like sedo etc.. are all useless as everyone is wanting a bargain, so what does that leave to sell on?

It depends on what your goals are - the faster you want a sale, normally the less you'll get. For a quick flip to other UK domainers, I think DomainLore.co.uk is likely the best place. You can watch it for a while to get an idea of what domains sell and for how much.

At the other end of the spectrum, for the highest price, you could wait for an enduser to decide he wants to use your domain and approaches you with an offer.

In between, there is what you did with selfstoragelancaster.co.uk - approaching end users to sell a domain to them.

You can use a combination of all strategies depending on the domain in question and your financial needs and goals.

Which company is best for domain parking? i currently use 123 reg but been told they loose domains and service is terrible should i move them? is moniker any good?

It has been a while since I parked but NameDrive did well for me.

You can Google 123 reg as a registrar and you'll see lots of interesting stories about it. You may want to transfer your domains to another registrar. I've heard good things about DomainMonster. After a while it may make sense to become your own registrar.

dave222
14-10-12, 09:24 PM
Hi Atlas

I relised i never answered your question 'Why did you purchase pn1.co.uk? '

I bought it because i was experimenting with postcode domains near my location and it was the only one available, i also ran valuations on estibot and valuate and they were $440 and i bought it for £17 however i dont have an end user in mind as yet however it gets 33,750 searches per month so could i set a webpage up and try and monetise it some how?

Regarding selling domains id like to buy and hold certain ones i think will be worth alot in the future, are there any websites for future research such as trends of the future/ so i can buy domains before they become popular?

When you say 'it may make sense to become my own registrar' i dont understand what you mean, are you saying i can register domains and hold them without using a company such as 123 reg?

Many thanks for the replies keep them coming im enjoying talking about this!

Dave