PDA

View Full Version : Started Lending Against Domain Names

GreyWing
01-10-12, 12:43 AM
Just got our trading license through for QL last week, we were going to launch it on the 8th but have brought it forward due to the amount of people who got hurt by Google and are considering selling their names to raise cash when they don't need to.

Domain Loans (http://www.quickloans.co.uk/types-of-quick-loans/loans-against-domain-names.html)

We have just started to lend money against domain names.

This may help those who need to raise cash because their income has dropped due to Google removing them, but don't want to sell their domain names in case they come back. I just hope people remember that these are loans against their domain names and not offers to buy them.

The nameservers will be left exactly as they are during the loans so live websites will not be affected. In a similar fashion your landing page will not be affected so if you find a buyer during the loan, it will not be affected by this as you are free to sell on. We can only lend money against domain names that we think we can sell on later on, i.e if the borrower doesn't repay the loan.

We think that the Google penalty is temporary and ill thought, so will happily look at names / sites that are not ranking.

Any questions please just ask... even if you are not interested but want to ask about the model itself. Great to bounce ideas off people.#

just to add it is aimed more at names over £500'ish as a general rule

atlas
01-10-12, 02:45 AM
Really interesting concept Graeme - good luck with this!

GreyWing
01-10-12, 02:49 AM
Cheers mate, got domainfinance.co.uk and domainpawn.co.uk which I may fire up later on if it is a hit but started it under this because I got a license for it, so can get started asap.

Hope to price it right so that win if they pay and win if they don't. Also they can weather the storm until Google reverses its monthly massacre.

rob
01-10-12, 12:21 PM
Congrats - interesting model and would be good to hear how it pans out , perhaps one of the private forum!

GreyWing
01-10-12, 12:39 PM
Might have just panned out completely mate, like frying panned out. Nominet proposing these new domains could make this impossible to run. The fear I now have is lending against a number of .co.uk's and finding that they are out in the cold.... people would just walk off and leave me with them.

Could be shortest business I have ever run.... cheers Nom

atlas
04-10-12, 02:51 PM
Can't you just loan a lower percentage against the domain?

Also, would it make sense to shift the business' focus to loaning against .com's?