PDA

View Full Version : Moscow 'drunk driver' kills seven on Minsk Street

aZooZa
23-09-12, 01:36 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19687389

Only facing NINE years? And in Russia? Surely some mistake?

GreyWing
23-09-12, 02:27 AM
Nine years in their prisons is like 50 in ours though mate. Was on tv the other week, ouch...

But yep not a very long sentence at all when you look at the damage he has done. Ironically Russian cars have a really high take up rate of dash cams so I wouldn't be surprised to see this turn up on the net soon.

aZooZa
23-09-12, 03:08 AM
Given that you can get a short stretch for speeding (at at rate that's classed as dangerous driving - in excess of 135mph I think), I'm just wondering what sort of sentence that guy might have expected in the UK Graeme?

GreyWing
23-09-12, 12:37 PM
I think I'd say about 15 at the absolute top level mate, but then he would have got out after about 9-10. America is probably the ones who give out the longest sentences and you would be looking about 30-40 for that.

BigAnt
23-09-12, 02:09 PM
Nine years in their prisons is like 50 in ours though mate. Was on tv the other week, ouch...

But yep not a very long sentence at all when you look at the damage he has done. Ironically Russian cars have a really high take up rate of dash cams so I wouldn't be surprised to see this turn up on the net soon.

Too true, that's why most of the YouTube postings come from Russia. Nice self plug there too GW ;), although 'car cam' also seems a good one!

aZooZa
23-09-12, 02:30 PM
I think I'd say about 15 at the absolute top level mate, but then he would have got out after about 9-10. America is probably the ones who give out the longest sentences and you would be looking about 30-40 for that.
Yep, I got muddled up with UK/USA sentences. Duhhhh...

rob
19-10-12, 10:54 PM
Sad to say, but after events in Cardiff we might get a true comparison :(