PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly Hotels.co.uk

Sean
20-09-12, 02:08 PM
Not really sure what the etiquette is for this but I've just tried to buy Pet Friendly Hotels.co.uk from Nokta and we're miles (actually continents) apart on where we each see the price. I've had this happen a few times in the past with other names (not just Nokta) and I'd be interested to know if I've got my head in the clouds.

I'm not going to tell you the price I was quoted because I don't want this to become a character assassination thread but I'd be interested in the value you'd out on Pet Friendly Hotels.co.uk and your reasons for the valuation.

Thanks

Brassneck
20-09-12, 02:20 PM
Not really sure what the etiquette is for this but I've just tried to buy Pet Friendly Hotels.co.uk from Nokta and we're miles (actually continents) apart on where we each see the price. I've had this happen a few times in the past with other names (not just Nokta) and I'd be interested to know if I've got my head in the clouds.

I'm not going to tell you the price I was quoted because I don't want this to become a character assassination thread but I'd be interested in the value you'd out on Pet Friendly Hotels.co.uk and your reasons for the valuation.

Thanks

It would make a potentially great niche hotel website. My top of the head valuation would be about £1,000.

I actually think that dogfriendlyhotels.co.uk (which they have) would be much better - not sure what pets you would take to a hotel other than your dog! Looks like it has much higher search volumes according to the keyword tool. If you are desperate I have dogfriendlyhotel.co.uk for much less then £1k.

Stephen.

Stephen.

Sean
20-09-12, 02:34 PM
Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.

You're way off, I will reveal the price later if it's okay to do so. I know some people frown upon asking for a valuation of a name you don't own. I've never understood why because if there's an exact science to domain valuations then it cuts both ways.

Thank you for the offer, I'll give it thought and get back to you if it's of interest (I bought Holidays With Dogs.co.uk from Nokta a few weeks back).

atlas
20-09-12, 03:23 PM
I would think that Nokta is going to price the domain for an end user rather than for a domainer. In the circumstances, I think you should expect to pay at least low to mid £,£££ for it.

Also, you're likely aware that petfriendlytravel.co.uk is dropping today - that may be another option for you.

Sean
20-09-12, 03:34 PM
Thanks Jeff, you're closer but still off by a distance :)

They've saved me from myself because I always go off half cocked and buy lots of names in the same niche and then have buyers regret.

Edwin
20-09-12, 06:06 PM
Seen from the outside, Nokta's business model seems pretty simple and straightforward: they have sliced their portfolio up and some names are priced at "good end-user sales level", some at very modest levels and some at practically throw-away levels. I've seen plenty of nice, affordable domains on their site, but if what you're interested in is in the top "slice" as they have it defined, you're out of luck... I expect with the breadth and volume of names they have that their strategy works extremely effectively.

For a real, dyed in the wool end-user, the domain might be worth £3,000-£5,000 if they had the interest in developing it out and taking in on advertising - perhaps more if they already have existing clients or connections in that field that they believed could be quickly parlayed into business for the new site. As has been pointed out, it is a clearly defined "niche" within the amorphous blob that is the overall hotel industry and it's the #1 term for that niche in the UK.

Sean
20-09-12, 06:53 PM
Thanks Edwin, I wonder how much of the price is based on the fact that the .com is developed. The problem if that is the logic is that the company that own that domain have developed multiple niche sites in a niche area (pets) so I can't see a business reason for them wanting to own the .co.uk

Btw, I was quoted $12,500 (nearly £8k).

atlas
20-09-12, 08:09 PM
Also, you're likely aware that petfriendlytravel.co.uk is dropping today - that may be another option for you.

Hate to quote myself but looks like you caught it - congrats!

Sean
20-09-12, 08:18 PM
Hate to quote myself but looks like you caught it - congrats!

I'd looked at it and couldn't decide Jeff but for the sake of £5.

Thanks for the reminder ;)

Top Domains
05-05-13, 08:54 PM
http://appraise.epik.com/PetFriendlyHotels.co.uk $840