PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6 disaster

Caz
19-09-12, 07:22 PM
I posted this elsewhere but may as well duplicate it.

iOS 6 gets rid off street view in maps. A terrible decision for me but I guess other may like the more professional maps.

Any new stuff you spot feel free to share :-)

secname
19-09-12, 08:03 PM
If anyone hasnt updated yet and planning to make sure you have auto lock turned off :)

Aaron
20-09-12, 11:17 AM
It doesn't really do anything different to my Jailbroken ios5, seems like they've taken a fair few "ideas" from the JB developers.

Brassneck
20-09-12, 12:33 PM
If anyone hasnt updated yet and planning to make sure you have auto lock turned off :)

Curious -what happens if you don't?

Stephen.

secname
20-09-12, 12:36 PM
Curious -what happens if you don't?

Stephen.

well for me it got to about 90% of install then crashed so had to do it all again but others ive read they had to do a reset of there phones.

rob
20-09-12, 09:38 PM
The maps are not great - had some fun and some links out of it mind so not all bad!

invincible
21-09-12, 12:22 AM
I've only updated to iOS6 on my iPad3. I'm leaving my iPhone 4 be for now until I am sure all the apps that I use will work fine with iOS6. I shall probably do a gradual transition and run it with iOS5 and my iPhone 5 with iOS6 together for a while. I haven't been impressed with Maps on the iPad3 so far.

grantw
21-09-12, 12:34 PM
iOS 6 gets rid off street view in maps. A terrible decision for me but I guess other may like the more professional maps.

Who needs street view when you've got cutting edge 3d imagery :)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maomkrUWVv1rhptwbo1_1280.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mansveIEja1rhptwbo1_1280.png

Caz
22-09-12, 11:29 PM
Who needs street view when you've got cutting edge 3d imagery :)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maomkrUWVv1rhptwbo1_1280.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mansveIEja1rhptwbo1_1280.png

Haha goodness me that's crazy.

I read earlier lots of towns and even cities don't exist.

I saw invincible mention in a post that he uses google chrome app. So I downloaded it.

It's amazing, bye bye safari and hello chrome. The tabs and flexibility are brilliant.

So anyone still using safari please download chrome, you won't be disappointed.

invincible
23-09-12, 12:10 AM
I saw invincible mention in a post that he uses google chrome app. So I downloaded it.

It's amazing, bye bye safari and hello chrome. The tabs and flexibility are brilliant.

So anyone still using safari please download chrome, you won't be disappointed.

Apple currently don't allow iOS users to change the default browser (to do this the device needs to have been jail broken), therefore I use a JavaScript bookmarklet called "Open in Chrome" to quickly copy and open in Chrome a web page that is open in Safari. A quick Google search should reveal how to set this up.

Caz
23-09-12, 01:14 AM
Wow thanks for that. Found code on a blog but then struggled to create a bookmark.

Realized i just needed to edit an old one and hey presto it works.

Thanks for that. I know I'm going on now but using chrome has totally changed my browsing experience. The tabs and way you can pull them out the way to read the others behind is amazing.

invincible
23-09-12, 07:27 PM
Wow thanks for that. Found code on a blog but then struggled to create a bookmark.

Realized i just needed to edit an old one and hey presto it works.

Thanks for that. I know I'm going on now but using chrome has totally changed my browsing experience. The tabs and way you can pull them out the way to read the others behind is amazing.

:) I find "bookmarklets" very useful. I have bookmarklets for Instapaper, Evernote and other apps I use. Understanding and then implementing them has really improved my iOS browsing experience. It's always easier to make a bookmarklet by making any old bookmark first and then editing it with the bookmarklet Javascript code. You may also prefer to install the iCloud control panel (if you're a Windows user) and a copy of Safari. Installing both will allow you to sync your bookmarks between Safari in Windows and Safari on iOS. It's much easier to make and edit bookmarks in Safari for Windows and then sync them over. I haven't done it on my Mac but I assume it's similar.