PDA

View Full Version : Next booming UK Market in domains

GreyWing
18-09-12, 03:51 PM
Guys be on the look out for a big uptake in property domain names. Not many may know but the Government is due to scrap a law that means the website advertising a property is responsible for describing the property.

Hence why most property for sale is on Estate Agents, who go out and visit it so they can write the description themselves. All that is changing soon and it will be more like the American method of selling, FSBO (For Sale By Owner).

So if you are approached for some of your good names, remember that they could soon command a premium.

Edwin
18-09-12, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the tip!

secname
18-09-12, 10:57 PM
Is this the article graeme http://www.lovemoney.com/news/property-and-mortgages/buying-and-selling-property/17315/estate-agents-threatened-by-property-websites

Interesting you say that as had a hotmail offer on HouseBuyersDirect.co.uk the other day so thought nothing off it.

GreyWing
18-09-12, 11:07 PM
There is a few about but yes it was announced a few days ago. I always wondered why there was not more websites advertising properties for sale. I did not realise there was a law that made the website / media platform responsible for the description of the property.

I guess that would explain why we a few websites in this country compared to hundreds and thousands over in the States and other countries. But yes is due to be scrapped soon so there will be a big uptake in this market in my opinion.

Caz
18-09-12, 11:45 PM
I remember hearing about this a few weeks ago during the parliamentary recess. It was announced an even made the tv news, however , since then the estate agents haven't really showed any concern.

The only people talking about it were the surveyors who claim it will slow down sales and send the process back to pre 1999 when an average sale took 3 months to complete.

I'm guessing it's just going to be an other Tory turn around.

Those old gits in the civil service that help them out are making fools of them. Can hear them speaking to Jim Thacker in the same way as they probably do now. Yes minister, great idea but why not put it like this instead.