PDA

View Full Version : DL Sale: WineCellar.co.uk (4,700 GBP)

AutoBot
12-09-12, 04:19 PM
Sold price: £4700, Ended on: 2012-09-12 16:15:42

More... (http://domainlore.co.uk/WineCellar.co.uk)

Rob_F
12-09-12, 04:40 PM
Nice. Congratulations Sean.

Quality name sold for a fair amount, imo.

- Rob

atlas
12-09-12, 05:14 PM
Indeed - a great sale - congrats Sean!

Sean
12-09-12, 06:46 PM
Thanks lads!

I liked the name a lot and it was a tough decision to sell it but I'm happy with the price. Buyer three and four are both end users so that helped a lot.

Edwin
12-09-12, 07:15 PM
Did you proactively get them into the auction?

Sean
12-09-12, 07:23 PM
Did you proactively get them into the auction?

Yes Edwin, around fifty potential buyers were e-mailed which looks to have paid off.

Sean
12-09-12, 07:48 PM
Well done Sean, nice strategy. :)

Thanks Matthew, I know from experience that it doesn't always work but thankfully it did this time. I suppose it's like any auction, you need at least two people to want something badly enough.

Edwin
12-09-12, 08:40 PM
Excellent result. I wonder how much better you might have done if DL allowed longer auctions, because then you have more time to educate the potential buyers, talk them through setting up for bidding on DL, etc., and for them to have internal meetings (if necessary) to decide on bidding strategy and limits.

Sean
12-09-12, 08:53 PM
Excellent result. I wonder how much better you might have done if DL allowed longer auctions, because then you have more time to educate the potential buyers, talk them through setting up for bidding on DL, etc., and for them to have internal meetings (if necessary) to decide on bidding strategy and limits.

Perhaps some sort of strategy that included setting a date and then contacting potential buyers and press releases to relavent trade publications prior to putting an auction live would be the way to go.

Mojoco
13-09-12, 08:35 AM
Perhaps some sort of strategy that included setting a date and then contacting potential buyers and press releases to relavent trade publications prior to putting an auction live would be the way to go.

Well done Sean ! How much notice did your buyers have before the auction started ?

Something I have considered in the past but never followed up. Sending an email advice to potential buyers with as much relevant data as possible, forewarning them of an upcoming auction in commencing in say 30 days time. With follow up email providing the auction link and bidding requirements closer to the date say 7 days prior, and perhaps a phone call when the auction is live or about to commence. Its a shame DomainLore site doesn't look a little more "polished" to suit potential end user buyers.

Sean
13-09-12, 02:00 PM
Ey up Mo,

They were only told about the auction when it went live but like you say, perhaps I should be more proactive and pre-plan auctions weeks ahead of them going live.

rob
15-09-12, 10:04 AM
Just seen this - forgot it was going didnt think it would get this high on DL but the end user stuff explains that!

Solid sale - congrats.

Sean
15-09-12, 02:44 PM
Just seen this - forgot it was going didnt think it would get this high on DL but the end user stuff explains that!

Solid sale - congrats.

Cheers Rob,

I told the buyer that he hadn't just bought a great domain, he'd also bought a great investment and I believe it.