PDA

View Full Version : Will Google+ be the second biggest social network ?

Mojoco
10-09-12, 02:01 PM
Good article about Google+

http://www.jeffbullas.com/2011/08/18/will-google-be-the-second-biggest-social-network-in-12-months/

atlas
10-09-12, 05:35 PM
I think the reason for Google+'s numbers is that they are forcing people to use Google+ - e.g. webmasters get a nice photo next to their listing in the SERPs if they sign up for Google+, Google Places was integrated into Google+, etc.

However, I haven't really seen the depth of engagement with Google+ as exists on Facebook and Twitter.

GreyWing
10-09-12, 07:17 PM
They have killed it before it starts. The fact that people think it will increase their ranking will fill it so full of spam it will be like a scene from Monty Python.

Claire who worked for me said she plugged in her new samsung phone, it came on and pictures and phone numbers appeared of people she knew without her ever adding them. Obviously she now knows it was through her gmail account but she never used Google+ She deleted it and took it back to the shop......

She said if it is putting people in my circles then it is putting me in other people's, can't fault the logic. ;)