PDA

View Full Version : World wide what ?

Mojoco
07-09-12, 08:32 AM
It seems like only yesterday.....

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00943/Giant-Leaps_p128-12_943842j.jpg

monaghan
07-09-12, 09:45 AM
You are aware this is all over the place with the word "Hoax" following shortly along.

It'll never catch on anyway, us geeks got all we wanted with gopher!

Aaron
07-09-12, 10:48 AM
Written by Dot Comme lol :) This made me laugh also... (on a seperate the sun note!)

Mojoco
07-09-12, 11:11 AM
I hadn't realised it was a hoax when I first saw it, and got plenty of stick from my friend who sent it to me for falling for it.

Hoax or not, it was still nice to think back to the days of no internet and how different things were then.

You are aware this is all over the place with the word "Hoax" following shortly along.

It'll never catch on anyway, us geeks got all we wanted with gopher!

monaghan
07-09-12, 12:09 PM
I had my domain (Pre-Nominet!) for years before I put a web site on it as I didn't see the point, it's only really cheap telephony that's made the web feasible for the masses who didn't have a corporate or educational Internet connection. I found my 28.8K modem the other week when clearing out some old junk - that was very fast back in those days :)

Aaron
07-09-12, 02:52 PM
I hadn't realised it was a hoax when I first saw it, and got plenty of stick from my friend who sent it to me for falling for it.

Hoax or not, it was still nice to think back to the days of no internet and how different things were then.

Day's of no internet, what is this time you speak of?

monaghan
07-09-12, 02:57 PM

Ah, that'll be mid 1980's then

Mojoco
07-09-12, 03:01 PM

Young whippersnapper !