PDA

View Full Version : Inter site linking

Mojoco
04-09-12, 06:21 PM
If you have different sites within the same niche. Just as an example example, carinsurance.co.uk travelinsurance.co.uk and healthinsurance.co.uk. From a visitor perspective it is fair to assume that a travel insurance consumer would have a legitimate interest in health insurance, so it would be quite natural for the sites to be linked.

How safe would you be if the sites were linked, would you get seo benefits or would you be penalised ?

TinkyWinky
25-09-12, 09:42 PM
Hi Mo

Are all 3 with same Nom details and on same IP ranges and DNS?

If so - then feel free to sensibly interlink but you will not pass much (if any) 'good juice' between them! But of course you will get the traffic and clickthroughs.

From everything I have read and experienced, Google won't penalise you - it just won't take into account the real link value that would have been passed in days gone by!

Now if they were on separate IP B class, different Nom named accounts, DNS and hosting, used a different design and the writing style was not recognisable between sites - then provided you are careful how you link (i.e. proliferation of links between all 3 not such a good idea!) then you can pass some link juice from one of them to the others... although now you have named them maybe not ;)

All of the above is based on personal experieces and some anecdotal evidence - so don't shoot me down if you don't agree!

TW

maccke
29-09-12, 05:01 PM
I'd call it safe and relevant to link between them.. However, make sure to get plenty of links from other relevant and trustworthy sites as well.