PDA

View Full Version : No current bids on domainlore

Brassneck
01-09-12, 09:57 PM
Not seen this before - not a single domain with bids currently on domainlore (as at 9.57pm on 1st September UK time).

Stephen.

secname
01-09-12, 10:11 PM
I was talking about this with graeme the other night. Maybe people are realising its a waste of time selling domains at the moment as the market is dead (virtually) so hanging on until the market picks up (JMHO).

Brassneck
01-09-12, 10:27 PM
I was talking about this with graeme the other night. Maybe people are realising its a waste of time selling domains at the moment as the market is dead (virtually) so hanging on until the market picks up (JMHO).

Yes will be interesting to see how this pans out. Last few I listed didn't attract any bids so I am having a 'rest' from selling on domainlore for the time being.

Stephen.

rob
02-09-12, 10:59 AM
It needs a text reminder or something - missed a pile now as been out and about or the like so not bid.

I mean CVS.org.uk 60 quid? I might have gone to £61 :)

Brassneck
02-09-12, 11:06 AM
It needs a text reminder or something - missed a pile now as been out and about or the like so not bid.

Always makes me chuckle though when you see people saying after the event that a name went 'cheap' and they would have bid higher etc.... You would imagine that they would be all contacting the new owner to take it off their hands - not sure that happens much.

Stephen.

davedevelopment
02-09-12, 11:25 AM
I asked Denys about this ages ago, after being contacted several times about recently finished auctions, where the person wanted me to get in touch if the deal fell through as they had missed the auction. Denys said it was something he was considering, but I think he thought the lack of alerts brought more people to the site and therefore more eyes on other auctions.

Aaron
02-09-12, 11:55 AM
I always think its funny post these threads, seen plenty of them around, nobody posts saying how busy the place is when say three weeks ago when there was like 15/20 names all with bids on the front page!

Aaron
02-09-12, 11:56 AM

Rob if you were that interested in any name you'd be aware when the auction was finishing and be about to bid on it!

Brassneck
02-09-12, 12:08 PM
I always think its funny post these threads, seen plenty of them around, nobody posts saying how busy the place is when say three weeks ago when there was like 15/20 names all with bids on the front page!

True, but never seen no bids at all. I'm sure now that I reminded everybody about domainlore there will be loads of action!

Stephen.

Aaron
02-09-12, 12:09 PM
Probably true Stephen, It's not often "quiet" for too long, give it three or four days and there will be 10+ on the front page again.

maccke
16-09-12, 09:39 PM
I've been suprised by the low prices lately, even for 2 letters in UK. I seems like Swedish 2-letter domains (.se) fetch more than in UK at the moment. Best thing to do is probably to wait 2-3 years and forget about domains for a while :)