PDA

View Full Version : FSB Upgrade anyone

secname
01-09-12, 11:30 AM
ok i have about 20 FSB sites up and running and have done since January this year. All working fine but as soon as i updated a site (pm me for link) google has tanked and de indexed it. Over on the FSB forums others are posting the same.

Has anyone else upgraded there FSB to the new version and see this happen as i would be very interested to soo if it is just my bad luck or google has finally caught up with FSB now.

thanks

Paul

secname
01-09-12, 12:56 PM
I would wait mathew to see if it actually the new upgrade or just my bad luck and other members on the FSB bad luck aswell.

monaghan
03-09-12, 08:35 PM
Hmm, just upgraded a few the other week and have got google quality messages last week - so much for being first to update :(

secname
03-09-12, 09:00 PM
Hmm, just upgraded a few the other week and have got google quality messages last week - so much for being first to update :(

can i ask what do you mean by a google quality message then i can look at my WMT and analytics to see if i got the same.

monaghan
03-09-12, 11:41 PM
This is the message

Dear site owner or webmaster of http://www. mysite .co.uk/,
We've detected that some of your site's pages may be using techniques that are outside Google's Webmaster Guidelines. If you have any questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.
Sincerely,
Google Search Quality Team

The site was just thrown up ready to get a few bots taking a look and then it would have been "filled out" as other sites have been.

secname
04-09-12, 11:01 AM
This is the message

The site was just thrown up ready to get a few bots taking a look and then it would have been "filled out" as other sites have been.

I have about 20 ish sites doing ok trickling traffic and sales and have not updated them, the 3 ive updated have all been tanked so far so im not going to update them now and just leave them be.

secname
04-09-12, 02:44 PM
well my posts are moderated on FSB forum now so i cant ask lol

secname
04-09-12, 03:09 PM
i started asking questions about the footprint of it and googles likings :).

secname
04-09-12, 03:15 PM
Ahhh, Mr Politician himself censored you? ;)

haha yeah..........

I am going to start fading away from them over the next few months i think now as if it has happened to 2-3 sites it will eventually happen to them all.

davedevelopment
04-09-12, 03:50 PM
I don't really like the way FSB operate, I reported a security vulnerability which they didn't take very seriously. I'm giving shopperpress a try.

secname
04-09-12, 04:02 PM
I don't really like the way FSB operate, I reported a security vulnerability which they didn't take very seriously. I'm giving shopperpress a try.

Yeah same here about using shopperpress. It might take longer to create a site but in the long run will be worth it.

monaghan
04-09-12, 05:51 PM
Some feedback on shopperpress would be interesting, the demo looks OK, it also looks good to be able to add other than Amazon in the same shop

davedevelopment
04-09-12, 07:45 PM
That's very poor, most similar companies would take a report like that seriously and act quickly.

I have good results with Datafeedr and WP (e.g. see here (http://www.nfh.org.uk/shop)).

Datafeedr is next on my list to checkout, seems to play well with shopperpress.