PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

alex
30-08-12, 05:01 PM
It's been a while since I've introduced myself on a domain forum. Good to see some usernames I recognise and some people I haven't heard from for a while.

As tradition dictates... best and worst! Best is snooker.co.uk, worst is dnsg.co.uk.

Looking forward to catching up.

Alex

atlas
30-08-12, 05:37 PM
Welcome Alex - good to see you here.

Good look with developing snooker.co.uk - it's a great domain.

alex
30-08-12, 06:27 PM
Welcome Alex - good to see you here.

Good look with developing snooker.co.uk - it's a great domain.

Thank you. How have things been, it's been a while? Unfortunately I'm too busy to start development for a few more months, but I've started putting together content.

Welcome to UKDF Alex, good to have you on board. :)

Thanks for the welcome. So forgive me for being a newb, but is this an exodus from AD or is UKDF designed to fulfil a different niche?

GreyWing
30-08-12, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome. So forgive me for being a newb, but is this an exodus from AD or is UKDF designed to fulfil a different niche?

Hi Alex, Welcome to the site.

I guess each individual has their own reasons and some still post on both, for me it was an exodus and no longer post on acorn for various reasons.

monaghan
30-08-12, 07:35 PM
I have a foot in each camp, this forum seems lower post volume but far less noise than the one over the road.

Edwin
30-08-12, 08:19 PM

More signal, less noise than Acorn. At least so far!

alex
30-08-12, 08:27 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I think it's quite refreshing and great that the "noise" is minimal. Looking around I get the impression this is more for people with experience, rather than those new to the industry, which probably cuts down on some of the topics that tend to resurface every few weeks. I guess the extra verification measures keeps spam low too. It's going to be good getting to know new people who aren't on AD.