PDA

View Full Version : what - another forum!

max_rk
08-02-12, 02:14 PM
I have seen almost as many domain forums as there are .uk domains. Do we really need another one? It may be just another “front of the shop”. At least Dale and Simon know how to put some new ideas in practice so I hope we will see something interesting. Otherwise people will drift to yet another “domainer forum”.

Max

me
08-02-12, 02:34 PM
All depends on censorship levels,acorn is pretty much free speech but lets see how the wind blows,either way these guys need traction which is difficult,it takes a hell of a lot of work especially as it gets bigger,i used to have a forum with xxx,xxx members,it like a full time job sometimes as you cannot rely on your mods to do everything...

Basically people need to post and get a response pretty quick otherwise the place will just fall along the wayside like many others have in the past..

aZooZa
08-02-12, 02:34 PM
I have seen almost as many domain forums as there are .uk domains. Do we really need another one? It may be just another “front of the shop”. At least Dale and Simon know how to put some new ideas in practice so I hope we will see something interesting. Otherwise people will drift to yet another “domainer forum”.

Max
Welcome Max. I know what you're saying and understand the sentiment. Simon and I are being careful not to turn this into our shop floor. We hope our willingness to listen to members and to innovate will allow this forum to stand the test of time.

Cheers

Dale

invincible
15-02-12, 10:56 PM
Perhaps I'm blind but the T&Cs appear to mention a "Pioneer forum" which will be deleted within 90 days. Can someone direct me to it or am I not a "pioneer"?:confused:

aZooZa
16-02-12, 01:38 AM
@ invincible: Oops! Sorry about that. There's is no 'pioneer' forum - I've changed the text.

Welcome to UKDF!