PDA

View Full Version : Another Google Tip?

GreyWing
24-08-12, 10:23 PM
Don't know if you guys have noticed but google is bringing back local suppliers now in a lot of searches. So I type in "web design" it brings back a lot of local web design companies to me, Barnsley.

What I am also starting to see is people starting to accommodate this on loan names and other names by putting up sub domains. So they might have a national website but if they have a subdomain barnsley.loans.co.uk then they will start to appear in serps on a local level.

Certainly is working, of course your area or niche will determine whether it is worth doing or not but a quick page for that subdomain could reap huge rewards.

atlas
24-08-12, 11:35 PM
I've seen that happening in US results for a while.

I agree with the strategy you recommend, but you've got to make sure your city pages are something substantial and that they are all different.

GreyWing
25-08-12, 01:32 AM
As much as I like to do it, I don't think I have anything really worth while doing it on mate. I'd say this has a shelf life of a few months until google spots people manipulating it. But certainly would need to be a worthwhile page as you say to stand a chance.