PDA

View Full Version : 'NEET'

aZooZa
22-08-12, 02:18 PM
Sad indictment:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19342998

GreyWing
22-08-12, 02:43 PM
Dale if you tried employing some of them mate you'd see why. Honestly I am not being too critical, some of them are useless. At no point in human history has it ever been easier to start your own business than now. Why anyone is unemployed in this day and age is scandalous.

The next time I employ someone and I read a cv that says they have been out of work for x amount of time, it's going in the bin. I'd rather someone said "I tried starting my own business and it failed, so I started another and it failed." I don't care how many failures they had, you can train them things to fix that but what you can't train these kids is that get off their backsides and make something happen.

Its the attitude that the minimum amount of work is acceptable. No interest in showing initiative to improve things or ways of doing things to help the business.

Of course they are not all like this, but the ones who have got about them are usually out there doing something and unlikely to be looking at me for a job.