PDA

View Full Version : Aaron resigns from acorn

GreyWing
17-08-12, 05:09 PM
Just been reading Aaron's blog thing and he says he has resigned from being a mod

"Just quit as AD moderator, Apparently lying and deceiving acorn members isn't an offense worth banning someone over."

Wonder why Alan has decided to side with someone who is lying and deceiving members over someone who is full of integrity.

From looking over Acorn, this is the only thing I can see today he is referring too http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/fixed-price-domain-names-sale/106813-tag-adixon-priced-sell-200-names.html

Aaron still won't say, but that link is my bet. Wonder who will be complaining over this post, Tony or Sean ;)

GreyWing
18-08-12, 05:59 PM
I see Alan has removed the thread (linked above) where Sean is posting sales multiple tags.... Sean answering accusations about questionable business practices and Alan removes it, makes it look very dodgy to me. If I were Sean I'd be peed at Alan for deleting my response to those accusations....

oh yep, I bet Tony is peed as well having his sales thread deleted like that. He must be really peeved ;)

rob
20-08-12, 11:25 AM
Sean Flynn is either right and Alan Sherritt is acting wrongly.

Or, Alan is right and Sean is not.

If its the latter, it begs the question why Alan as Admin doesnt do something about it?!

All very odd, but no surprise that the mods are resigning. Sad to see Acorn go this way.

aZooZa
20-08-12, 01:57 PM
I've also had first-hand dealings with Sean and I can assure you - never again. He should have been banned eons ago. It is a shame that Acorn is going this way, and I take no pleasure in seeing it. What a waste really.

GreyWing
20-08-12, 02:14 PM
Either way mate it has seen the membership over here gain some good characters since that happened.

One thing for dodgyness on this site I know it won't be tolerated. I found out something from two good friends about a member on here ripping them off in the past, had a chat with Dale and that member was gone. Wasn't even something that the guy had done on here.

See if we can make the site a bit of a beacon for good practices again. I can't help feeling that a naming and shaming process more out in the open on acorn would have stopped a lot of what happened.

If you do wrong or are accused of wrong doing then people should explain themselves in public in my opinion without threads disappearing. Doesn't help anyone when that happens.

invincible
20-08-12, 07:24 PM
I see Alan has removed the thread (linked above) where Sean is posting sales multiple tags.... Sean answering accusations about questionable business practices and Alan removes it, makes it look very dodgy to me. If I were Sean I'd be peed at Alan for deleting my response to those accusations....

oh yep, I bet Tony is peed as well having his sales thread deleted like that. He must be really peeved ;)

What was the actual thread about and who said what exactly?

Added: think I have figured out what it was about from his twitter page.

GreyWing
20-08-12, 07:38 PM
Someone asked Sean if they could speak to Tony (Sean's client) as they wanted to do a deal or something on multiple names, Sean came back and started to be a bit defensive.

I think about 10 minutes later the thread was pulled.

Aaron
20-08-12, 11:36 PM
If you want to speak to "Tony" just email Sean ;) I'm sure he can put you in touch.

invincible
21-08-12, 12:29 AM
If you want to speak to "Tony" just email Sean ;) I'm sure he can put you in touch.

Something like that wouldn't surprise me at all. How do you absolutely know that one person is acting as if they are someone else and what was it exactly that bothered you about whatever exactly happened? Was it something to do with operating multiple Nominet tags or something else?

GreyWing
24-08-12, 06:52 PM
Come on now Dale, what are you paying Sean to ridicule acorn in such a way? The guy is a one man recruitment machine for this forum.

This thread is hilarious, last week he said he wasn't selling domains anymore...

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-offers-invited/107129-alot-20-each-please-take-look.html

Take a card, any card, oh that ones 5k shame as the rest are £20 ;)

atlas
24-08-12, 11:30 PM
Now resigning from the forum altogether:
http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/general-board/107156-im-out.html

I think the posts that led to this have already been deleted, but RobM was attacking Aaron and Harry Adams.

Brassneck
24-08-12, 11:43 PM
Now resigning from the forum altogether:
http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/general-board/107156-im-out.html

I think the posts that led to this have already been deleted, but RobM was attacking Aaron and Harry Adams.

Correct I deleted it as it got a bit abusive.

Stephen

invincible
24-08-12, 11:46 PM
What was it to do with? At a guess "DAC hosting"?

Brassneck
24-08-12, 11:49 PM
What was it to do with? At a guess "DAC hosting"?

Yes, handbags really but it did involve the word cock and the popcorn graphic so it had to go! Lol! To be fair wasn't helpful to the original poster so deleted.

invincible
25-08-12, 12:01 AM
Yes, handbags really but it did involve the word cock and the popcorn graphic so it had to go! Lol! To be fair wasn't helpful to the original poster so deleted.

So putting aside both those, what was it exactly? :) Did one party take issue with another for something to do with their DAC hosting?

Brassneck
25-08-12, 12:06 AM
Best to ask Aaron, I didn't understand why he and robm were having a spat but it wasn't fair to the original poster.

Aaron
25-08-12, 10:23 AM
Wasn't to do with RobM, we had a private chat via email and all is good. I basically only catch for others now, I have a vast amount of work on and I don't use the forum. The only times I do log on there is a post that pisses me off, best just to not log on at all :).

I was the one that used the word cock, wasn't that offensive, and if the situation had been in "real life" I would certainly called him a cock ha.

Brassneck
25-08-12, 12:27 PM
Wasn't to do with RobM, we had a private chat via email and all is good. I basically only catch for others now, I have a vast amount of work on and I don't use the forum. The only times I do log on there is a post that pisses me off, best just to not log on at all :).

I was the one that used the word cock, wasn't that offensive, and if the situation had been in "real life" I would certainly called him a cock ha.

Well i would be offended if you called me one!;)

GreyWing
25-08-12, 12:41 PM
Looks like Alan Sherritt has joined http://www.ukdomainforum.co.uk/member.php?315-AcornDomains-co-uk

Wonder why he is using his url as a username, seems a bit hypocritical as he stars out every other competitor on his site. Of course it could be just someone using his username as a wind up, in which case I apologise.

aZooZa
25-08-12, 02:12 PM
Looks like Alan Sherritt has joined http://www.ukdomainforum.co.uk/member.php?315-AcornDomains-co-uk

Wonder why he is using his url as a username, seems a bit hypocritical as he stars out every other competitor on his site. Of course it could be just someone using his username as a wind up, in which case I apologise.
It is Alan, unless someone's stolen his mobile phone. The SMS signup confirmation came from his phone - I've checked the onverify.com logs.