PDA

View Full Version : Exact Match + "Company"

GreyWing
24-07-12, 07:53 AM
Anyone else noticing these things ranking extremely well since penguin. Starting to see people take advantage of it now.

For example, one that I noticed as it is close to a name I have. EasyLoans.co.uk is mine, they would have EasyLoansCompany.co.uk and rank very well for it. I have noticed a load of other exact match terms now and normally one of the top 3 will have the word company after it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edwin
24-07-12, 08:13 AM
Can't say that I'd noticed, but if it's a real trend that's good news for quite a few of my domains :) Perhaps because Google interprets it as a "real" business and gives them the benefit of the doubt.

GreyWing
24-07-12, 08:41 AM
"Quick loans" and "easy loans " are two I used to check because they are ones that reflect my exact match domains and both are up there. Both show no relation to any company at companies house on the whois. I have got about 10 other examples as well just from browsing on the net. Seems they are getting an exact match bonus. Of course as people see more appear and work out what is going on, more people flood in and then Google realise it is being abused and removed the bonus.

But make hay while the sun shines I suppose :)

aZooZa
24-07-12, 09:23 AM
Thanks for sharing Graeme - I've grabbed a couple ;)

Mojoco
26-07-12, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the nod Graeme, there are a few i shall pick up.

Jamie101
31-07-12, 09:29 PM
Noooo!

This is going to make me buy even more domains :P