PDA

View Full Version : British Army veteran "thanked"

aZooZa
22-07-12, 10:31 PM
You have to read this to believe it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18940236

Haven't we got more deserving people to export? No doubt this ridiculous decision will be reversed, but how long do you think it will take?

GreyWing
22-07-12, 10:55 PM
Seen it yesterday mate, the country is well and truly lost its senses. The real worry is that we are all used to it now and nothing comes as a shock to us anymore.

I think you are showing too much optimism in saying it will be reversed, I'm not too sure. After all we have 600+ saying for over 3 years that the extradition agreement with the yanks is wrong, zero that support it and yet people are still being sent to stand trial in the US.

Nobody is willing to make a decision in this country which contradicts the rule book. We have bred sheep, and sheep as voters and sheep are now in power (on all sides). I hate the presidential system but at least someone would be accountable for this nonsense and have it reversed before he got voted out.

aZooZa
23-07-12, 12:07 AM
Yeah - I think it's apathy. Nobody gives a toss these days, and why should they? The average man in the street has more to worry about; more bullshit to wade through, more bureaucracy to contend with, more direct and indirect taxes to pay, more lost causes to fund, more Americanisms to cope with -- the list is endless.

Anyway, we should all be thankful and in awe:

Our High Court system has now been affectionately renamed: "Supreme Court of the United Kingdom".

Our plain-clothes immigration system is now the "UK Border Agency" with uniformed officials.

I wonder where all this nonsense comes from? Surely not our cousins from 'across the pond'?

aZooZa
23-07-12, 09:30 AM
More 'UK Border Agency' breaking news to warm the cockles...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18945047

Fish
23-07-12, 01:08 PM
Outragous, both OP & above, utter shambles as only to be expected.

Talking of taxes you can bet very few, if any of those awaiting deportation contribute to the tax system here & I would guess a good number of them are milking the benefits system here through aliases etc (though they need not worry 'cos they can't even be found by their real name ....)