PDA

View Full Version : UK late to the party again...

aZooZa
19-07-12, 09:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18897218

Morons. That money would have been in the NHS and directed rigidly to patient care (not bureaucrats) months ago if I were running the country. Votes on the back of a matchbox please.

rob
19-07-12, 12:29 PM
I like how the UK has principles, but not when Russia or China back the 'other side' !

GreyWing
19-07-12, 03:57 PM
Some people think that Britain ruled the waves because we conquered the world by fighting wars all over the place, it's so wrong it's unreal. Britain ruled for so long because we seen two sides who were fighting against each other and backed the winners

Look at Afghan and Iraq, when we tried to fight a win. To me it just looks like we are back to the good old days of staying out of it until we know who is going to win and then back them to the hilt with 2 minutes to go.

I agree not very principled though, but much better way of doing things.

aZooZa
20-07-12, 01:18 PM
More London lunacy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18922964

Lord Coe has defended 2012 Olympics branding rules, which he admitted could see spectators banned from wearing Pepsi T-shirts and other items.

Coca-Cola is a "global partner" of the games, said Lord Coe, and the huge sums it and other sponsors had invested had to be "protected".

But he played down suggestions by the BBC's Evan Davis that the ban might even extend to footwear.

Spectators would "probably" not be asked to remove non-Adidas trainers.

GreyWing
21-07-12, 04:20 AM
Seen that Boris told them to piss off, Seb Coe looking a complete arse after this last few years. Once this is over we'll remember that he screwed the ordinary man over, tickets and sponsorship all been a complete failure as has his Locog not being subject to the freedom of information act and not supplying docs to parliament despite the huge amount of public cash into it, Scandalous, the whole fallout from this will last years.

Will backfire on McDonalds and Coke if they insist on cracking down on people wearing t-shirts and trainers, big own goal.