PDA

View Full Version : SEO Test - Snakes and ladders

Kate
07-07-12, 08:31 PM
Ok, we tend to run quite a few tests where i work and we are about to do one simple test on a spcific medium comp niche. Its actually very basic.

We are going to place a 3-5 page site with unique content and very few existing backlinks to it. The domain has some history but it’s a new registration.

We are going to wait until Google indexes the site and shows some stable ranking. (about 2 - 3 weeks in total)

Then we are going to bombard it with thousands of spammy (xrumer, networks and directories) links but with 5 variations (15/15/15/15/40) where the 40% is our main target. We will then continue this and see how high we get in the rankings for the main keyword and how quick we get penalised.

I don’t really want to post the URL or Keywords here but if you are interested, feel free to PM me and I will send it over.

The site is complete, I just need to find cheap hosting to host it on as I want complete separation from our existing sites.

regards,
Kate

atlas
08-07-12, 01:51 AM
Interesting experiment. Always good to play around with these things.

Why re you using 5 variations? Is the domain an EMD?

Kate
08-07-12, 07:49 AM
Not an emd but does contain primary keywords. 5 variations to try and increase the time it has before penalty while still making the blackhat seo methods quite simple to do.

aZooZa
09-07-12, 02:10 AM
Kate, I'm no SEO expert so haven't much if anything to contribute here. However if you're looking for some free server space with Plesk for the project, I'd be happy to oblige. Just PM or email me etc...

Kate
09-07-12, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the kind offer Dale but i have already hosted it on a server which we use for these type of tests. Also, to be honest, you are not going to want this site on your server once we finished with what we have planned for it. Its not going to be pretty.

anyway, the site is now up, and we are just waiting for Google to index it before commencing the experiment. If anyone want to follow this and want the URL, please send me a PM.

regards,
Kate