PDA

View Full Version : Expiry.co.uk

Marcoose
03-07-12, 12:36 AM
Got this on a public catch the other day and can't think of how to monetise it. The only thing I can think of is drop lists but haven't got it in me to develop something like that. Any thoughts on who I could approach to sell to and/or value are appreciated.

GreyWing
03-07-12, 06:16 AM
A domain catching service?

I'd speak to some of the obvious guys in the industry, not a perfect use but better than flogging on for a couple of peanuts on the resale market.

aZooZa
03-07-12, 07:45 PM
Yes, a public domain catching service would suit (plug: like a DS white label) or maybe an undertaker?

Ty
03-07-12, 08:11 PM
I quite like it and think it'd make a good "Expiry" reminder service.

I was looking for one of them the other day online - you know, something that reminds you when your MOT / car tax / house insurance etc need renewing.. for me the MOT one is always a pain in the arse because there's no reminder service.

On the negative side I guess someone developing this type of service would look for a gTLD brand as it's not a UK centric use...

Just a thought in any case

Ty

davedevelopment
03-07-12, 09:27 PM
Like Ty said, I quite like the domain, but I can't quite put my finger on a really solid use case, and I think it wouldn't stand up on it's own as a brand, it would need some context, like the domains or reminders that have been mentioned.

Shelf-life immediately sprang to mind, but I don't think there's anything relevant on that front.

Could be a quirky brand for will writers.

aZooZa
04-07-12, 12:39 AM
Smart phones or any phones for that matter today have easy date reminders. I can't see a service like that taking off. Might be some mileage in the shelf life thing - a guide to various foods and their longevity fresh/refrigerated/frozen etc. No money in it though that I can see. Perhaps team up with Douggie over at whisk.co.uk ;)

Caz
05-07-12, 01:15 AM
Impossible to develop, one to drop imo, which I know doesn't count for much, but this domain isn't going anywhere :-)

Marcoose
22-08-12, 06:55 AM
Sorry havent been on here in a while so kinda abandoned the thread. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

alex
31-08-12, 12:21 PM
Initial thoughts are droplists, food and reminders, but probably not worth pursuing these lines. Something that may be useful is a list of expiring patents/copyrights etc? Details about copyright law and works that are now in the public domain. Probably quite a big project for little return though, but I'm sure there would be people willing to pay for such a service.

ImageAuthors
06-09-12, 08:06 AM
If you give up on this domain, I might consider it. Just a fallback option for you.

Top Domains
05-05-13, 08:55 PM
http://appraise.epik.com/Expiry.co.uk $1100